Monday, January 14, 2019

Engine swap day 9...

Damn. I meant to be doing all sorts of social media updating as I worked through this process. But, it's just been too much work and focus to stop what I'm doing at each step to post to the web. It's a major project with so many more details than I expected. One thing leads to another and you decide to upgrade this and that since you have everything torn out anyway! All the work of engine removal and chassis prep for the new V8 is done. The new engine and all it's parts arrived today which means phase two begins tomorrow! Cleaning all the threads in the new engine and then bolting up all the external parts. Should be fun! Cold, but fun! I will definitely post up pics of the assembled engine before she goes in.

For now, I'm going to make a nice hot dinner and then spend my evening reading up and watching videos regarding the different parts I'll be assembling tomorrow. I hope you are all well and happy. I am anxious to get this job done and be back to work gifting portraits!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful....stay warm...dear friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I stay just warm enough while working. I'm completely cozy when I retire to my Captain's Quarters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Are you doing any transmission work? I remember when I last replaced my engine it was a lot cheaper while the block was out.

    ReplyDelete