Friday, February 1, 2019

Dawn's early light

All the work is done and it's time to roll out of the woods of Poulsbo. This morning was my first in a month to awaken to natural light. What a simple pleasure! After a month of sleeping in Hella inside a shop with no windows, I really relished it.

All appears to be functioning well with the new drivetrain thus far. I had to make a clutch adjustment last night, but I think it's good now. I'll know soon! I will be forever grateful to Paul and Karion for making this all possible. I could not have done it alone. Even with Paul's expert help, it was a big push beyond my anxieties to tear out the original drivetrain and engineer how to fit a different one in. The education I received along the way is priceless. I now know every detail of the drivetrain in my truck. That is gold where driving a vintage, and now very custom, vehicle is concerned.

Time to load up the final boxes, grab a shower and say my goodbyes for now to Paul and Karion. Then I roll for the ferry.

I've got butterflies all over again!

2 comments:

  1. great job man my thought were with. when are you rolling out? whats your next stop? Darrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darrell! A quick trip with my kids this week then a week in Olympia to take care of mom. I'll be back in Seattle later this month.

    ReplyDelete