Monday, August 6, 2018

The new normal

As I watched the sunset from my overnight spot near the ship canal last night, I realized I was finally settling into this new reality of live aboard life. For the first time since leaving Ellensburg and my job last Tuesday, the shock of big change had begun to wane. I was really peaceful watching the late light make it's way higher and higher up Hella's walls as the sun set. I am feeling how truly free I have made myself to pour all my energy into the purpose I've been given. The 'kicked loose' feeling has been replaced with a steady flow of peaceful and determined purpose. It's the kind of warm feeling that fills you up when you know you're on the right track.

Today I begin the task of messaging all my friends that expressed a desire to support this work once I launched. It's my hope that within a month I will add at least 50 more monthly patrons. That would bring me to 70 patrons which would provide just enough financial support to allow me to stay focused on providing family portraits locally. I know full support will come as I continue doing this work. And it will be at that point that I'll be able to extend my reach and begin traveling more. Until then, I'll be based in Seattle and serving my purpose in the needy places here. There's no shortage of opportunities to gift people here.

This is where the rubber meets the road. Jackdaw is no longer in the prep phase, it is happening! If you find value in what I'm doing, please consider supporting the work somehow. Check out www.jackdaw.love to learn how. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment