Monday, October 1, 2018

Umbrellas...

I have never liked using an umbrella. As a matter of fact, the only time in my life that I have used one is for sheltering cameras in the rain. I've had this giant Kodak umbrella for over 30 years now. It is seriously heavy duty and nice.

Now that I live in a truck and with very limited wardrobe, not to mention space, it's imperative to keep my clothes dry. So, on this first truly all day rainy day of my new life on the wet side of the mountains, I have been walking with an umbrella instead of just letting myself get soaked in the rain like I've done all the rest of my life. It was no biggie before since I could hang out clothes to dry, not to mention take a nice warm shower, when I got home.

I'm finding it's actually really sweet to walk in the rain with this thing. I like it. Although, it is leaky at the panel seams. I'll stop in to a fabric or hardware store tomorrow to find a waterproofing tape solution of some sort. Because I'll be damned if I'm giving up this cool old Kodak umbrella after all these years! It's actually gotten me thinking about just how old most of my things are. Except for my camera, phone and computer equipment, most everything I own and use is at least 10 years old, if not 20 or 30. I've always bought the best quality stuff I can afford and it has certainly paid off for me. Here's to hard wearing and long serving gear! It only gets better with time.

Tugboat 'Michael Quigg' in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment